This privacy notice provides you with information about us, why we collect information from you, what we do with the information we collect from you, who we share your information with and your rights under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act (2018) in relation to that information. We may update this notice from time to time.
When you visit our website at https://discoverworkdundee.co.uk, we may collect internet log information, such as your IP address and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to identify things like the number of people using our site or accessing the various pages on the site, or for information security reasons. This information is only processed in a way in which you cannot be identified. If we do need to collect personal data from you on any part of our website, we will be clear about this and explain what we intend to do with it and how we will process it. We process (this means to do anything with the information such as to collect, store, use, access, destroy or share) information which relates to you, in accordance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018). If you submit your data in our “Contact Us” page, we will collect your personal data including Name, Email Address and Telephone number.
“Personal data” means recorded information we hold about you from which you can be identified or may be identifiable. It may include contact details, your IP address or other personal information for example photographs, expressions of opinion about you or indications as to our intentions about you.
The Discover Work website does contain links to websites belonging to other organisations. By using those links you are choosing to browse to these sites. We are not responsible for privacy policies or the conduct of third party websites or their owners.
If you have any questions about this notice you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do we collect data about you?
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with the following data protection principles which say that personal data must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and processed in accordance with such purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
- Not kept longer than necessary.
- Processed in a way that protects the integrity and confidentiality of the personal data.
We shall ensure we can show that we have complied with the data protection principles.
Sharing your Data
Discover Work may share your data with partner organisations related to your enquiry, and in the following categories:
Any sharing of your data is done in Discover Work’s legitimate interests in ensuring that the website works properly for users or to ensure that we can respond to you or provide you with services.
How long will we keep your Data for?
The data detailed in this notice will be kept for no more than 2 years.
Your Data Rights
You may have the following rights over your data, which are set out in the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018). These rights are not automatic and are dependent on their provisions. If you are unsure of your rights or wish to exercise any of your rights, you may contact us at: email@example.com.
You may have rights to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request that we make corrections to your data if it is not accurate.
- Request that we erase your data (under certain circumstances as detailed in GDPR).
- Object to us processing your data or to ask us to stop processing your data (under certain circumstances).
- Withdraw consent for processing (only where consent is the lawful basis for processing your data).
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Know whether your data is collected to satisfy a statutory or contractual requirement and the consequences of you not providing personal data.
- Be told whether your data is used for automated decision making, including profiling, the logic involved and the consequences of the decision making (if appropriate).
- Be told if processing beyond the original purpose of the collection of your data is to be carried out.
Data Protection & Security
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose or purposes notified to you in this document. Your personal data will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary for the specific purposes notified to you. We will keep the personal data we store about you accurate and up to date. Data that is inaccurate or out of date will be destroyed or updated. Please notify us if your personal details change or you become aware of inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you.
Discover Work will process your data only in accordance with the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018) and this Privacy Notice. Discover Work will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the rights of Data Subjects. In the event of a data breach which results in high risk to your rights and freedoms, we shall communicate the nature of that breach to you including our contact details, the likely consequences of the data breach and details of the measures taken or which we plan to take to address the data breach and to mitigate its consequences.
If you have any questions relating to your personal data, its processing or your rights as a Data Subject, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Should you be unsatisfied or you believe that your data is not being processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2018) and the UK GDPR, you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further information, including contact details can be found on the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/